discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin

Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin

  • From: 'smee <overthefalls AT opengroupware.ch>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 14:47:03 -0600

Also, are you saying that the internet is just some tool to enable evil
and so should be controlled by governments and corporations who get to
circumvent any rights to free speech? Arguments like yours really make
it sound like you think the internet only enables people to (for some
reason) let out some demons that don't exist in their real lives. I
know some people get paid to push certain positions online that they
don't necessarily believe, and I know others like to troll and get
reactions, but I don't know anyone that just goes online and just acts
completely unlike themselves without a financial or some other motive.
People don't just become evil in internet-land. So again, I posit that
leaving things open and free can only make the internet more accurately
represent it's constituent parts or all the people (and machines) on
the internet.