discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin

Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin

  • From: 'smee <overthefalls AT opengroupware.ch>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 14:38:19 -0600

But they likely think it and don't act on it, and saying it on the
internet for many people is cathartic and akin to thinking it to
themselve. In any case, what you said doesn't mean it's not that way in
real life, it means people are more able to be themselves in all their
complexity in a situation where they actually can't immediately
threaten anyone's safety and no one can immediately threaten theirs.

Do you think getting behind a keyboard just makes people into terrible
people or is it more likely to be as I said, a more accurate mirror of
the real world, in all it's complexity. Even when people are lying on
the internet, it still is a more accurate representation of reality
than if they were coerced to not lie. Coercing people's behavior will
never result in a more accurate representation of reality, ever, no
matter the means.