discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin

Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 16:01:02 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx5.sourpuss.net A0B4F2D4A0

You are correct.  I set up the API software and worked with them on how to add and remove entries from the list, but it is a script on Spamhaus' side which generates the .bit listings in the blacklist.  Nobody from Spamhaus is actually taking an active role in opennic operations (as far as I know).

Note that opennic's blacklist code is generalized so we can use it for other purposes as well.  Every entry is tagged to belong to certain group(s), and anyone who wishes to use that info can request a list from the groups they are interested in.  For example, interest has been expressed over the years to have an adult content listing, and this is something that could be produced within the blacklist API.