discuss - [opennic-discuss] Unable To Create Membership With @gmail.com

[opennic-discuss] Unable To Create Membership With @gmail.com

  • From: "Max Shenfield" <mshenfield AT mailinator.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Unable To Create Membership With @gmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 16:55:08 +0200

Howdy! On Thursday 07/29, I attempted to sign up for an OpenNIC membership using my personal gmail account (shenfieldmax AT gmail.com). I did not receive a confirmation email. I tried going through the "Resend" flow, but that didn't resolve the issue. I triple checked my messages and Spam folder - I haven't received an email from OpenNIC on that account as of today (07/31). I immediately received a confirmation email when signing up using a mailinator.com address today, and successfully create an account that way. Not being able to sign up with a common email provider seems like a real issue, so wanted to bring it to your attention. Thanks, Max