discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Unable To Create Membership With @gmail.com

Re: [opennic-discuss] Unable To Create Membership With @gmail.com

  • From: jo <opennic AT 0na.de>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Cc: Max Shenfield <mshenfield AT mailinator.com>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Unable To Create Membership With @gmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 16:04:43 +0000

Hi,

On 2021-07-31 14:55, Max Shenfield wrote:
I triple checked my messages and Spam folder - I haven't received an
email from OpenNIC on that account as of today (07/31). I immediately
received a confirmation email when signing up using a mailinator.com
address today, and successfully create an account that way. Not being
able to sign up with a common email provider seems like a real issue

It happens that gmail accepts mails without delivering it to the
receivers mailbox. Probably opennic has sent the mail, but gmail
doesn't handle it as expected (i.e. deliver it to you).

That's clearly a fault of gmail. The fact that it works with other
email providers confirms this theory. Usually I'd recommend you ask
your email provider about the whereabouts of your mail, but as it's
gmail, wo probably won't get an answer.

cu,
jo