discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] *** SPAM *** Re: OpenNIC Tier 2 servers fall

Re: [opennic-discuss] *** SPAM *** Re: OpenNIC Tier 2 servers fall

  • From: Tim C <timc AT slowb.ro>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] *** SPAM *** Re: OpenNIC Tier 2 servers fall
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 15:10:30 +1100

I'm not an an OpenNic admin, so I am just surmising.
Stats when logged into servers.opennic.org:

Aprv: 1
Ok: 10
Err: 4
Dis: 22
Rm: 23
X: 217
Total: 60

Entirely possible something is going wrong on the opennic side.
This tweaked my interest so I did a quick audit of every IP in the "Deleted" list. 17 of the 217 are (currently) working

When investigating the "X" (deleted) set of servers: 117 of them all show "No longer listed since Oct 12, 22:50 UTC (5 weeks, 3 days)".
with 122 having the same added date: "2021-Sep-09"

So something probably happened in Oct.