discuss - [opennic-discuss] Discuss mailing list: Problem with DNSSEC implementation

[opennic-discuss] Discuss mailing list: Problem with DNSSEC implementation

  • From: BebasID Management Team <managemen AT bebasid.com>
  • To: Discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Discuss mailing list: Problem with DNSSEC implementation
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 12:12:07 +0700

Good afternoon,

We have a problem for implementing DNSSEC on bebasid's DNS Server.

Today, many clients of ours are complaining about our DNS server so we decided to investigate what's going on.

When I checked the log, it seems that there's an issue with the DNSSEC itself so we tried to update the DNSSEC key at first but it still returning SERVFAIL and the error on the log still return the same which caused non-OpenNIC domain to not able to be resolved.

I already followed tutorial on https://wiki.opennic.org/opennic/dnssec by copying latest DNSSEC key from the dig result.

So for temporary until this issue is fixed, We changed the root server to default one provided by ICANN while forwarding every OpenNIC domain to Tier 1 server with forwarder so user can still access OpenNIC domain.

Can you help me please?

Thank you,

Aldi from BebasID

--

Official Email by BebasID™ Management Team

Official Website | GitHub | Discord | Saweria | Trakteer

BebasID™ and its affiliate are the part of KINI (Komunitas Internet Netral Indonesia) which is a community and non-profit organization focused on net neutrality for every user in Indonesia