discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Discuss mailing list: Problem with DNSSEC implementation

Re: [opennic-discuss] Discuss mailing list: Problem with DNSSEC implementation

  • From: Erich Eckner <opennic AT eckner.net>
  • To: "discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Discuss mailing list: Problem with DNSSEC implementation
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 10:05:31 +0200 (CEST)
  • Author: Erich Eckner <opennic AT eckner.net>

Hi,

I have no hard evidence, either, but:

My local (non-public) resolver (which is set up similarly to most T2 resolvers) running bind9 was recently failing to resolve a lot of domains due to DNSSEC. Looking into the issue, I found, that the system clock was off by about an hour, which apparently made a lot of certificates to be rejected due to "not yet being valid".

Maybe the lifetime of a lot (or a few important) DNSSEC certificates was recently drastically reduced, and those broken T2 resolvers now suddenly exhibit the same issue?

regards,
Erich