discuss - [opennic-discuss] State of .chan?

  • From: Isa <isa AT woof.tech>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] State of .chan?
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 22:18:50 +0100

Hi,

I think I've been the hosting company behind the .chan TLD for 8+ years now,
but I actually have no idea if it's still being maintained by anyone.
The sever is receiving traffic from what I can see, but I don't think I've
been in contact with anyone related to it in many years

The reason why I'm asking is because after 10 years of operation, I'm
discontinuing the server this is running on. I can move the machines to a new
server, but its IP would change and I genuinely have no idea what this would
involve.
Anyone from .chan reading this? Please contact me!

For anyone else: What to do? Anyone willing to adopt this TLD if no one
responds, or how to proceed with discontinuing it?

Kind regards,
Isa