discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] State of .chan?

  • From: Anton Luka Šijanec <anton AT sijanec.eu>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org, Isa <isa AT woof.tech>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] State of .chan?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 12:56:06 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, 8 Feb 2024 22:18:50 +0100
Isa <isa AT woof.tech> wrote:
> For anyone else: What to do? Anyone willing to adopt this TLD if no
> one responds, or how to proceed with discontinuing it?

If no one else is willing to adopt it, I can host chan on my unrealiable
bind9 server at home and make a simple web API + UI for setting NS and DNSSEC
records (without DNS hosting) for second level domains.

My ns1.sijanec.org is reachable over IPv4 and IPv6 with 350/100 Mbit/s.

But I need a month for this as I'd need to switch my DNS root from ICANN's to
OpenNIC and set up DNSSEC for it correctly on my resolver. I had problems
with DNSSEC on OpenNIC in the past, so I just switched back to ICANN's root,
but this would be unacceptable if I wanted to host chan (for testing purposes
it's nice to have an OpenNIC resolver at hand).

> I think I've been the hosting company behind the .chan TLD for 8+
> years now, but I actually have no idea if it's still being maintained
> by anyone.

What do you mean by being the hosting company? Do you manage domain
registrations and have the master authoritative server?

Regards,
Anton