discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Technical Problems

Re: [opennic-discuss] Technical Problems

  • From: Zach Gibbens <infocop411 AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Technical Problems
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 21:49:07 -0500

well, no doubt, that isn't www.opennic.glue A Record, it takes me to a
page that no doubt is another revenue source for the ISP
http://searchassist.teoma.com/landing.jsf?p=cnksver&q=www.opennic.glue&rs=fake&kw=&id=ikadkhadfkajf&t=9_59_1_0_1_2_1

I ran "dig www.opennic.glue @89.246.64.38 +short" and "dig
www.opennic.glue @82.145.9.38 +short" and the reply was 89.246.64.38 and
82.145.9.39 respectively, so I do find that as a possible sign that this
could be pppd, but also a sign that the ISP could be messing with it
too, can you check /etc/pppd/resolv.conf for any changes since your
edit, and if so, post it? can you also post /etc/resolv.conf

make sure both /etc/pppd/resolv.conf and /etc/resolv.conf contain

nameserver 178.63.26.173
nameserver 217.79.186.148

and then run 3 commands, the order does matter. it will be a fair bit of
output.

dig www.opennic.glue
dig www.opennic.glue @178.63.26.173
dig www.opennic.glue @217.79.186.148
dig www.opennic.glue @83.223.73.116

(The 3rd server is a new Tier 2 server, just recently added to the list)
This will help to figure out which issue is which and how best to help