discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Help needed to verify new root-hints file

Re: [opennic-discuss] Help needed to verify new root-hints file

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Help needed to verify new root-hints file
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 14:34:19 -0700

BIND may rearrange the order of a zone when it is transferred, but you still need to break down the hostnames to create proper origin groups. I finally settled on breaking down the names, throwing out the first part (usually something like NS1), and sorting out what was left. There may be excessive switching between origins for some zone, but for the most part it looks like it is working correctly, and everything I've verified myself is listed in a proper method that BIND will understand.

Here's an icann-available path to reach the same file: http://sourpuss.net/opennic.oss/files/root-hints

Hope that helps.