discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Help needed to verify new root-hints file

Re: [opennic-discuss] Help needed to verify new root-hints file

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Help needed to verify new root-hints file
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 17:55:09 -0700

I've been hammering away at the code for the last couple days, found some bad mistakes in how I listed the data, and learned a lot of new tricks with Bash programming. The latest copy of this file (still available in the same place) merges the OpenNic TLDs into the alphabetical listing, correctly sorts the origin groups under the proper TLDs, and adds full TTLs to each entry. I also changed the TTLs in the heading of this file to match those being used by ICANN.

The root-hints file is currently running live at ns1.co.us.dns.opennic.glue (216.87.84.211) if anyone wants to test against it. Let me know if you find any issues.