discuss - [opennic-discuss] PLEASE READ - Notice of .oss and .parody domain removals

[opennic-discuss] PLEASE READ - Notice of .oss and .parody domain removals

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] PLEASE READ - Notice of .oss and .parody domain removals
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 10:19:15 -0700

As promised (and a week late due to being sick), I have gone through and removed ALL expired domain under OSS and PARODY. I have also removed all single-letter domains, as none of them had any actual records entered and were apparently just novelty accounts.

The registry page has been modified to only allow domain names between 3-20 characters. Those who currently have 2-letter domains, don't let them expire or you won't be able to recreate it.

I have also changed initial registrations to only be valid for 4 weeks. This is an attempt to quickly eliminate the domains of people who never come back to OpenNic. You must return at least 24 hours later in order to renew the domain for a full year.

PLEASE remember to renew your domains before they expire. I will be automating the removal so we don't have a lot of dead names cluttering up the system.

  • [opennic-discuss] PLEASE READ - Notice of .oss and .parody domain removals, Jeff Taylor, 02/07/2011