discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Petition to add OpenNIC to the eTLD list of Mozilla to get it working in Chronium

Re: [opennic-discuss] Petition to add OpenNIC to the eTLD list of Mozilla to get it working in Chronium

  • From: Marin Hannache <mareoh AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Petition to add OpenNIC to the eTLD list of Mozilla to get it working in Chronium
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 14:24:51 +0200

2011/8/5 Maximi89 <maximi89 AT gmail.com>:
> Days ago i opened a bug against Chronium because we are not able to open
> OpenNIC domains with Chronium and Google Chrome, so to let the browsers open
> those domains we can just add  all the OpenNIC domains to that list, that we
> we are be able to open the OpenNIC domains who are affected to the Instant
> search who comes from the single bar to search and open URLs.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=91165
> http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=37436
> http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/netwerk/dns/effective_tld_names.dat?raw=1

Related : http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=31405

IMO, the issue is not that OpenNIC's TLD are not in that list, the
issue is such a list exists.
Rationale in comment 7 :
"You have absolutely no way to figure out whether the last label of a
domain name is a TLDs unless it's a fully qualified domain name,
therefore managing a list of approved TLDs is pointless."

Cordially
--
Marin "Mareo" Hannache