discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Minimum hardware spec' for a T2?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Minimum hardware spec' for a T2?

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT pongonova.net>
  • To: peter AT greenpete.co.uk, discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Minimum hardware spec' for a T2?
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 19:42:26 -0600

Peter--

BIND 9 is a resource hog when it comes to memory due to the
inefficient way it does caching. I restart BIND once a day just so I
don't have to deal with performance issues after running BIND for a
month. It's not "relatively lightweight," and is in fact rather
bloated for what it does.

Just because it's the "reference implementation" doesn't mean it's the
best that's out there.

--Brian