discuss - [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC now available on Android phones!

[opennic-discuss] OpenNIC now available on Android phones!

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT pongonova.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC now available on Android phones!
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:14:13 -0600

Thanks to the efforts of Steve Hanlon, creator of the Android-based
SetDNS app, OpenNIC is now included in the pre-configured list of
alternative DNS settings he offers! Depending upon your carrier, you
might or might not be able to modify DNS settings for 3G, but it
should definitely work for WiFi. (I've tested on an unrooted Samsung
Galaxy S2 running Opera Mobile on AT&T's crappy network, and OpenNIC
settings work for both 3G and WiFi.)

Right now, you can download the free version of SetDNS (version
1.5.24) from the Android Market. Please consider upgrading to Steve's
SetDNS Pro version for a paltry USD2.93 when OpenNIC becomes available
in the Pro version. Steve set this up for us within a day of
contacting him. He certainly deserves our support.

--Brian