discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC now available on Android phones!

Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC now available on Android phones!

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT pongonova.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC now available on Android phones!
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 20:00:31 -0600

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 02:22:11AM +0000, Peter Green wrote:
> That's fantastic! I'd only yesterday given up trying to edit the
> resolv.conf file on my phone (which runs Cyanogen Mod7) to utilise
> OpenNIC resolvers. I would be happy to pay for the app' but what
> are the chances of grabbing the .apk directly? I don't run my phone
> with a gargoyle account. May be there could be a download from the
> OpenNIC website?

The developer has indicated he will give us a link to the APK in a few
days. My understanding is that you can install the APK, then just
download the SetDNS Pro if you want to suppor the dev. The Pro
version is just a stub program that validates the APK and enables some
extra functionality.

As soon as I get the link I'll post it here.

--Brian