discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Neo's OpenNIC Installer

Re: [opennic-discuss] Neo's OpenNIC Installer

  • From: Amrit Panesar <apanesar AT 4195tech.com>
  • To: "discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Neo's OpenNIC Installer
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 08:03:48 -0800

Eric, one of the issues of blindly setting every T2 as a nameserver is that
if the T2s change without the end user knowing, the windows net services will
slow to a crawl as it tries to figure out which nameserver to use at what
time.

another issue is that when it does eventually figure out which nameserver to
use (say it picks a T2 in Germany) your internet experience will also slow to
a crawl.

as per norton or others flagging it as vrii, I will take a look into it, i
think i might have to dive into application signing, but we shall see. I will
contact Norton in regards to this.

Thanks

--Neo

Sent from my iPhone