discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Wizard build on OS X

Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Wizard build on OS X

  • From: Mike <mike AT pikeaero.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Wizard build on OS X
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 01:42:19 -0500

Hi Niels,

The source is in two parts called client and server. The terms 'client'
and 'server' refer to their relationship on localhost.

Where the 'server' part is the deamon / Windows(tm) service. The
'client' part if the Task Tray applet GUI.

The deamon part can run without the GUI no problem.

I have tested the Task Tray GUI on KDE and it works fine.

The deamon will listen on localhost:19803 for a Task Tray GUI connection.

I currently do not have an installer for anything other than
WIndows(tm). The deamon will expect all of it's config files to live in
the current working directory. In other words, it makes no attempt to
look for them outside of the current working directory, so that's
something that should be enhanced a little bit for it to really be
supported well on Linux, etc.., however it can be made to work as-is.

I want to get a solid Windows(tm) release out before really focusing on
packages for the other platforms. So to answer your question, yes, it is
possible and intended to be ported to other platforms.

--Mike