discuss - [opennic-discuss] Interested in joining

[opennic-discuss] Interested in joining

  • From: Martin C <martin AT mchomenet.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Interested in joining
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 10:15:38 +1000

Hello,
I am interested in joining your project. I have a VPS which I have had running for a few months now (in the U.S.), and plan to set up another at some point in the future more locally (Australia).

I had already set up a TLD for a wifi network idea me and a business partner dreamed up, so when I found your site, I followed the directions for setting up a Tier1 server, completed it and would like to propose 2 new TLDs: .OZ and .RNET. The TLD I created for the above wifi network system will probably remain private as it has no use on the public internet.

My idea is for .OZ to be a possible alternative to the local .COM.AU, and .RNET (for Research NETwork) as a mix of .edu and .info.

IP address: 96.44.164.100

It should be resolving domains opennic and register on both TLDs.

I know I'm new here, and may be stepping on a few toes by not introducing myself properly before even getting to the proposing of new TLDs part, but I find the whole idea behind opennicproject to be very fascinating, and as someone who has toyed with more than a few servers and VPSs before, not to mention tinkered with DNS a lot, I thought that I would give it a go. The charters are already complete, and the domain registration systems are just about done (polishing up the code).

Looking forward to some feedback.

Thank you and regards,
Martin.

PS: I have already sent a brief introduction directly to Julian DeMarchi yesterday morning.