discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Share your killer T2 config

Re: [opennic-discuss] Share your killer T2 config

  • From: Peter Green <peter AT greenpete.co.uk>
  • To: <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Share your killer T2 config
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 20:26:53 +0100

Thanks, that makes sense and I have learnt! :-)

Peter

On 28.06.2012 20:21, Alex Hanselka wrote:

The way a zone operates is that with every edit, the serial number in the
SOA record gets incremented by one. Usually they are in the form of
something like YYYYMMDDXX where XX is the edit for that day. The slave
servers, in this case the other T1s and sometimes T2s will only update if
the serial number has incremented since the one they have. In this case,
the serial for OZ got incremented to a huge amount so the other server
never would have updated again causing some failures. Also, some of the
T1s had not even updated their config to resolve the OZ zone which also
caused intermittent failures depending on the T1 my server queried.