discuss - Re: Re: Re: [opennic-discuss] DRAFT : Peering agreement between OpenNIC and DotBIT

Re: Re: Re: [opennic-discuss] DRAFT : Peering agreement between OpenNIC and DotBIT

  • From: Alex Nordlund <deep.alexander AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: Re: Re: [opennic-discuss] DRAFT : Peering agreement between OpenNIC and DotBIT
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:43:17 +0200

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 2:42 PM, <woodq11 AT gmail.com> wrote:
To understand my above statement about spam and squatting, one may want to
look at the Namecoin block explorer, which paints a fairly clear picture about
why Dot Bit has such a large number of domains.

e.g. The recent "beanie.bit" domain was registered, marked as "for sale," and
pointed to a porn site. While I have no problem with this in general (though I
think it's foolish), I don't feel that the OpenNIC project should worry about
acting as a gateway to it.

You convert Bitcoins to Namecoins and use Namecoins to "purchase" these domains, right?

---
//Alex