discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] DRAFT : Peering agreement between OpenNIC and DotBIT

Re: [opennic-discuss] DRAFT : Peering agreement between OpenNIC and DotBIT

  • From: Alex Hanselka <alex AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] DRAFT : Peering agreement between OpenNIC and DotBIT
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 09:59:44 -0500

On Jul 12, 2012, at 9:56 AM, Filip Lamparski wrote:

While Namecoins are a legit idea, dot bit will be redundant, seeing that OpenNIC has domains for free, while dot bit is cryptopaid.

But hey, if this brings users, then why not? My vote is a cautious for.

Opennic has no real rules against "for pay" TLDs, its just that traditionally we have never had any. :)