discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Odd error

Re: [opennic-discuss] Odd error

  • From: Todd Freeman <todd AT cruxtech.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Odd error
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 12:23:29 -0500

Do I need to initiate zone transfers or something to get local copies of all the dns records ?

On 2012-07-13 11:58 AM, Todd Freeman wrote:
gmsql, that is why I am using zone2sql, zone2sql converts bind configs to sql that can be used in pdns,
that is why the t2 is running bind and the t1 is running pdns, the t2 gets all the dns data, then I run zone2sql and import to sql.
The only part that is not working right now is zone2sql, but its not working because the data is not there.
So basically I need to convert the t2 into a t1 I think. But I am not sure howto do that, as the guide I was following is:
http://www.opennic.oss/bindtools/INSTALL.txt

and none if it is giving any errors.
I only get errors when I run:
zone2sql --gmysql --named-conf=/var/named/zone.opennic --verbose > import.sql
Domain lives in file './opennic/tld-root'
Domain bbs lives in file './opennic/slave/bbs.zone'
Domain dns.opennic.glue lives in file './opennic/slave/dns.opennic.glue.zone'
Domain dyn lives in file './opennic/slave/dyn.zone'
Domain free lives in file './opennic/slave/free.zone'
Domain fur lives in file './opennic/slave/fur.zone'
Domain geek lives in file './opennic/slave/geek.zone'
Domain gopher lives in file './opennic/slave/gopher.zone'
Domain indy lives in file './opennic/slave/indy.zone'
Domain ing lives in file './opennic/slave/ing.zone'
Domain micro lives in file './opennic/slave/micro.zone'
Domain neo lives in file './opennic/slave/neo.zone'
Domain null lives in file './opennic/slave/null.zone'
Domain opennic.glue lives in file './opennic/slave/opennic.glue.zone'
Domain oss lives in file './opennic/slave/oss.zone'
Domain oz lives in file './opennic/slave/oz.zone'
Domain parody lives in file './opennic/slave/parody.zone'
Domain pirate lives in file './opennic/slave/pirate.zone'
died because of STL error: Unable to open file './opennic/slave/pirate.zone': No such file or directory

but I checked and the /var/named/opennic/slave/ directory does not exsist, so it is only getting the dns entries from other t1's.