discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] using OpenNIC behind a firewall

Re: [opennic-discuss] using OpenNIC behind a firewall

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] using OpenNIC behind a firewall
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 21:59:37 -0600

If you run your own nameserver, you have the advantage of being able to
specify a connection on an alternate port. There are a few OpenNic
server accepting connections on port 5353, however I seem to be the only
one so far who has actually posted on the wiki page.

You can reach my server at 216.87.84.211 or 2001:470:8388:10:0:100:53:20
on port 5353. This has worked for others in bypassing their ISP,
hopefully it will work for you as well? Let us know how it goes, and if
needed, perhaps we can help find other suggestions.