discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] using OpenNIC behind a firewall

Re: [opennic-discuss] using OpenNIC behind a firewall

  • From: Zach Gibbens <infocop411 AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] using OpenNIC behind a firewall
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 21:17:27 -0400

Iptables Redirect on inbound, for server, on outbound for desktop,
that's how I've done it for android & linux, pf for bsd & mac, there is
a program for windows, I found on the OpenDNS forums awhile back, I'd
have to go looking for it again, all this info should have been placed
on the wiki, but perhaps I didn't do that (I know I made comments on IRC
back then)

My Server doesn't currently support port 5353 operations, but will
shortly. I'm working on some issues currently (issues are not causing
service issues for OpenNIC, and that's all I can say about it for the
time being) and port 5353 operations will begin shortly after that.

I've got the iptables rules still, I'll see if I can find the pf &
windows options too & get it on the wiki this time.