discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

  • From: Richard Lyons <richard AT the-place.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The website
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 18:34:12 +0000

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 18:14:04 +0000, Alex Nordlund wrote:

> I have three logos archived, the one on the wiki now.
> One from a previous email conversation
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7726014/reprocessed-nic.svg (is it just me or IS
> it missing a bit of the top?)
> And one that was created by vectormagic from the wiki logo.
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7726014/logo2.svg

I am sorry to say I think that logo both misses the point (it ought in
my view to stress the distinguishing feature which is "open") and is not
very elegantly executed. It looks too much like a lot of other things
and seems to be trying to create an association with the "at" sign which
is the iconic image of email, not of NIC.

That said, I could still help with smartening up the vector graphic if
that is what everybody wants.

richard