discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

  • From: "Aaron J. Angel" <thatoneguy AT aaronjangel.us>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The website
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 16:59:03 -0500

On 12/04/2012 04:19 PM, Jamyn Shanley wrote:

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Brian Koontz <brian AT opennicproject.org> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 11:24:53AM -0500, Aaron J. Angel wrote:
> That seems a masochistic duplication of effort.  What am I missing?

Explain?

If the wiki is an authoritative resource, why isn't it the main site?  The way you explained it, it seemed as if the content on each site is intended to convey the same information, but to different audiences.  That seems to be duplicating effort, writing similar content on two different sites.  I not sure why all of the content can't or shouldn't be on the same site and more cohesive to reduce the need to write it again from a different perspective.  I'd prefer a brief overview with perhaps a link to more technical or detailed information on the same site as warranted.