discuss - [opennic-discuss] Unused Mailing Lists

[opennic-discuss] Unused Mailing Lists

  • From: Alex Hanselka <alex AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: OpenNIC Discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Unused Mailing Lists
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 18:08:40 -0600

Hi guys!

So I've decided that I'd like to begin deleting unused mailing lists on
our server. While anyone can request a mailing list (if it is relevant
to OpenNIC), sometimes this happens and they go unused. Most recently
we have got an opennic-api and an offtopic list. Both were used for
exactly 1 email thread and then never touched again. As far as I am
concerned that means they are not needed. Anything that is "off topic"
can be discussed here or in the IRC channel. Obviously the offtopic
list isn't really useful. As for the opennic-api list, while it's goal
was noble, it really should either be incorporated into this discuss
list or perhaps in a working group list.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this matter. Unless there is some
compelling reason otherwise, I'll delete them this weekend.

Thanks,
Alex