discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Root DNS Server

Re: [opennic-discuss] Root DNS Server

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Root DNS Server
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 14:17:12 -0700

On the other hand, if for some reason you want to run your own private root server (which is NOT connected to OpenNic), I could provide my script as an example. This script queries ICANN and OpenNic together to generate a merged root zone for our purposes.

If you only wish to have a full copy of the ICANN root zone for your use, you can obtain it with the following:

# dig . @b.root-servers.net AXFR