discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [TLD Suggestion] .porn

Re: [opennic-discuss] [TLD Suggestion] .porn

  • From: Christopher <weblionx AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [TLD Suggestion] .porn
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:47:23 -0500

The whole point is that it's a voluntary system. Right now, you can
have any kind of site under .com. But lots of sites voluntarily use(d)
IRCA labels to mark their content as mature so people can avoid that
content when they want to.

> you would run into troubles after the first people registered a
> "cigarette.adult", "marihuana.adult", "drivers-license.adult", or some such
> domain.

Why would they? That makes no sense.

> 2. because there is no such rule, an .adult TLD would probably end in
> censorship sooner or later - or defy itself.

Again, why? Why would it end in censorship? Why would it be any more
likely to be censored than .porn? I don't understand any of your
reasoning.

- c "wlx" r