discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [TLD Suggestion] .porn

Re: [opennic-discuss] [TLD Suggestion] .porn

  • From: Bjorn Peeters <bjorn AT bjornpeeters.be>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [TLD Suggestion] .porn
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:48:13 +0100

> a carefully promoted .porn TLD might help us come out "of the closet".

well, that's a strange combination to put into one sentence...
and not expect any puns to come from it? :p

why would it be a problem at all?
there are porn channels on tv, on the "regular" internet, there are porn magazines, ...
not having any porn and still wanting opennic to succeed, is without a doubt a contradiction.
and NOT making the same mistake as with the regular internet would be great:
we'd have a chance to put porn sites into their own tld right off the bat.
parents would love us: they just block *.porn and their kids can grow up never knowing porn (ahum...)

so, though i don't care for the .porn domain personally, i can't see any reason not to have it.