discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [TLD Suggestion] .porn

Re: [opennic-discuss] [TLD Suggestion] .porn

  • From: Lenny Guy <openmailf AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [TLD Suggestion] .porn
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 16:13:29 +0000

There are some ISPs that support OpenNIC, but not many of them.

2013/2/12 <kennytaylor AT runbox.com>

1) It may create some customer-side demand for ISPs to support OpenNIC TLD resolution.

2) Probably not.  It could add a lot of administrative overhead (legal compliance, copyright trolls, etc).  What happens when someone registers playboy.porn or underage.porn?  It may be worth it to leave those hassles to ICANN.

Kenny