discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [TLD Suggestion] .porn

Re: [opennic-discuss] [TLD Suggestion] .porn

  • From: subhuman <discipline AT gmx.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [TLD Suggestion] .porn
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 17:50:23 +0100

i concur with kenny's second point. but there would be ways to minimize the
legal risk for us, e.g. by redefining the terms of registration for domains.
in essence i consider the questions of legal compliance a mere technical,
although important one. we would need some anti-trolls, however.

i also concur with peter's view that this project is about freedom of speech
mainly. but i must confess that his argument, at least to me, sounds somewhat
elitist. i certainly don't mind being a member of an elitist organisation,
who would? but the freedom of speech includes the freedom of dirty speech,
else it would become freedom for the pure. and that's what i am certainly
not. in essence, freedom of speech includes porn. freedom is indivisible.

this is after all a political decision, not the least part of it being the
question: who do we want to be? some geeks living in some cozy nook of the
internet we built for ourselves? or do we really want to achieve something? i
am certainly not putting too fine a point upon it, but i think a carefully
promoted .porn TLD might help us come out "of the closet".

--martin

--
The only cure to the evils of Democracy is more Democracy.