discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [TLD Suggestion] .porn

Re: [opennic-discuss] [TLD Suggestion] .porn

  • From: Guillaume Parent <gparent AT gparent.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [TLD Suggestion] .porn
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:14:18 -0500

Are you honestly feeling like we're stalling you because nobody replied to your email within 48 hours? This isn't a 24/7 hotline, and quite honestly it could take me weeks before I even have something interesting to say about this issue.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 3:11 PM, subhuman <discipline AT gmx.net> wrote:
On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:48:13 +0100
Bjorn Peeters <bjorn AT bjornpeeters.be> wrote:

> well, that's a strange combination to put into one sentence...
> and not expect any puns to come from it? :p
did you notice the quotation marks? and if i had left them out, would that have any influence on the topic? except from the possibility of someone taking it personally because it hit some odd insecurity. but we're all living in the 21st century, aren't we?

no, i was asking just because i am getting the impression that there are tendencies at work of starving this discussion. starving by stalling, by following some some strategy of "duck and cover". i may be wrong with that, however. but again, that's why i'm asking.

--martin

> why would it be a problem at all?
> there are porn channels on tv, on the "regular" internet, there are porn
> magazines, ...
> not having any porn and still wanting opennic to succeed, is without a
> doubt a contradiction.
> and NOT making the same mistake as with the regular internet would be great:
> we'd have a chance to put porn sites into their own tld right off the bat.
> parents would love us: they just block *.porn and their kids can grow up
> never knowing porn (ahum...)
>
> so, though i don't care for the .porn domain personally, i can't see any
> reason not to have it.
>

> On 02/15/2013 08:44 PM, subhuman wrote:
> > what am i supposed to take no answer for?
> >
> > On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 17:50:23 +0100
> > subhuman <discipline AT gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> >> this is after all a political decision, not the least part of it being the question: who do we want to be? some geeks living in some cozy nook of the internet we built for ourselves? or do we really want to achieve something? i am certainly not putting too fine a point upon it, but i think a carefully promoted .porn TLD might help us come out "of the closet".

The only cure to the evils of Democracy is more Democracy.