discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Hosting Tier-2 DNS server

Re: [opennic-discuss] Hosting Tier-2 DNS server

  • From: Guillaume Parent <gparent AT gparent.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Hosting Tier-2 DNS server
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 17:01:26 -0500

Running T2s is not the only thing you can do to help, personally right now I think it's the last thing we need.

If you can't spend $15 per month to get decent hosting, nothing is stopping you from helping the project another way.

I could put two raspberry pis in a cluster within the hour and host a T2 on my 50mbit line but I don't do it because I know that people would probably rather use a real server with decent uptime even if it's not 5 9s.

I appreciate his help, that's not an issue, but it's hard for me to be in agreement with it when I'd feel bad doing it myself.