discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Hosting Tier-2 DNS server

Re: [opennic-discuss] Hosting Tier-2 DNS server

  • From: Quinn Wood <wood.quinn.s AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Hosting Tier-2 DNS server
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 22:53:50 -0600

On 02/22/2013 09:53 PM, Jeff Taylor wrote:
I use shorewall for my firewall. You can add in a program called LSM
which will monitor and manage multiple internet connections. It takes a
bit to set it up, as there is no good documentation on it, but once you
have it working it is great. When both of my connections are online,
outgoing traffic uses round-robin between them. If one of the
connections fails, LSM will do failover in a matter of seconds.

Neat.

--
Quinn
http://woodquinn.x10.mx