discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .free TLD

Re: [opennic-discuss] .free TLD

  • From: "Alex M (Coyo)" <coyo AT darkdna.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .free TLD
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 12:53:34 -0500

On 04/22/2013 12:43 PM, Richard Lyons wrote:
On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 12:25:28 -0500, Alex M (Coyo) wrote:

On 04/22/2013 12:09 PM, mike wrote:
On 04/22/2013 01:05 PM, Alex M (Coyo) wrote:
I'm already working on constructing an alternative root-less
Internet,
That's a significant statement, can you elaborate?
I am not certain it would be wise or responsible of me to speak too
much regarding this project, but I suppose it would not hurt to say
that I have been spending much of the last three years aggressively
studying on my own, as well as relying on the terrifying competence
and collective knowledge of my friends, in order to begin
redesigning a new protocol stack for tunneling the old deprecated
IPv4, IPv6, and EoMPLS protocols over a newer protocol stack that I
could have not possibly designed on my own.
[...]
As you might imagine, it's highly experimental.
That is interesting,

Driftig a bit further OT, does anybody know if anything ever happened
with netsukuku?

According to the official site, no updates have occurred since Fri Sep 18 18:42:25 CEST 2009.

Their approach is interesting, however. I'm taking a much more grandular approach, since redesigning every last aspect of the Internet all at once would kill me. Rather, I am essentially combining thousands upon thousands of related yet isolated projects and linking them all together, plugging the tiny gaps between with some glue code, with the idea that I'd slowly take my time replacing each individual project with parts of a more cohesive whole, documenting the entire process and encouraging third-party reimplementation.

I am a bit nervous about releasing proof-of-concept code at this point, since I cannot afford to lose.

I'm not ready!