discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] New domain to watch out for abuse - ddostheinter.net

Re: [opennic-discuss] New domain to watch out for abuse - ddostheinter.net

  • From: Guillaume Parent <gparent AT gparent.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] New domain to watch out for abuse - ddostheinter.net
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 22:14:07 -0400

If you're disputing the fact that I will get shut down if I don't monitor my servers, then back it up with facts better than the few people it has occurred to here. If you have better ways of monitoring than us that are somehow more privacy friendly, feel free to share. Meanwhile the whining and insults don't help.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 7:40 PM, Quinn Wood <wood.quinn.s AT gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Guillaume Parent <gparent AT gparent.org> wrote:
> You can't avoid the privacy violation here. Either we monitor our servers
> and we have to occasionally look at record names and IP addresses, or we
> don't monitor our servers and some of us get shut down for being internet
> bastards.

You seem to be under the odd impression that continuing the internet's
existence is better than caving into value degradations. That's law
enforcement logic.