discuss - [opennic-discuss] Never give in

[opennic-discuss] Never give in

  • From: "John Kozlowski \(ShofarDomain.com\)" <John.Kozlowski AT ShofarDomain.com>
  • To: <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Never give in
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 19:14:10 -0400

In the last few weeks I have seen an underlying attitude from many that this project is losing to ICANN and it is hopeless.  I beg to differ.

Remember Prime Minister Winston Churchill’s Oct. 28, 1941 speech at Harrow School: “Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.

Losing to ICANN is not simply losing a project, it is losing the web.  While my efforts with ShofarDomain are not the same as OpenNIC, our objectives are the same.  I have taken another hit and have stumbled.  I am in the process of regrouping and trying again.  I have no backup plans if this doesn’t work.  There are no technology barriers.  It must work.

OpenNIC has its issues.  OpenNIC must regroup and try again.

ShofarDomain’s underlying structure is vastly different than the RFC defined structures, but remains compatible with RFC queries.  The ShofarDomain resolver plays well with ICANN, OpenNIC, NameSpace, INIAC, UnifiedRoot, etc. as well as our rootless TLDs.

We are going after the same target from different approaches.  None of us must stop.

Never give in

John Kozlowski

ShofarDomain™

http://ShofarDomain.com

Phone: +1 (423) 716-6432

  • [opennic-discuss] Never give in, John Kozlowski (ShofarDomain.com), 08/15/2013