discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Change DNS Settings in both Laptop & Router?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Change DNS Settings in both Laptop & Router?

  • From: Rouben <rouben AT rouben.net>
  • To: "discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Change DNS Settings in both Laptop & Router?
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 13:01:54 -0500

Agreed. I think you may be confused, because services like Unblock Us make you change your DNS server settings, however, what Unblock Us also does, is route your traffic to services like Netflix through their proxy servers, so simply using a DNS server located in the US is not enough.

If you don't want to pay for a service like Unblock US, consider Hola unblocker. It's not as flexible as Unblock US, because it only works on a web browser (it's a web browser extension), so it won't work with things like consoles, smart TVs, iOS devices or IPTV appliances. I'm not sure if Android devices are supported.

--
Rouben

On Monday, December 30, 2013, subhuman wrote:
What you're describing is not a DNS-related problem, but one with your actual IP. You may want to try Tor or VPN to circumvent it. However, I'm quite sure that there will be other sources for the show than NBC. If you don't insist on HD quality, that is. Possibly. Give the net an hour or two, and you'll be able to find what you missed. You should in this case, however, rely upon Tor.

--
The only cure to the evils of Democracy is more Democracy.
http://amishrakefight.org/gfy/images/fword.mp3

--

Rouben