discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Root zone testing

Re: [opennic-discuss] Root zone testing

  • From: Guillaume Parent <gp AT gparent.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Root zone testing
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 15:08:20 +0000

The serial is already part of the SOA record.

On 2014-09-11 05:32, Christopher wrote:
Regarding checking the root zone, I'm not 100% sure how it works but
is there the possibility of making some part of data it contains also
contain the serial, so e.g. you could query the server and see which
it returns for some special entry? Otherwise I'd lean towards
requiring the OpenNIC root zone for any servers listed on the public
T2s page. So if someone wants to run something different than what we
do but still include OpenNIC domains they can continue without worry,
but wouldn't be listed on the main T2s page. Or possibly in a
subsection of the list that clearly denotes the difference. Then folks
could make the conscious choice to use them if they so desire, knowing
the risks, if any. Regarding DNSSEC, I'd consider it a good thing but
it is not something I have any strong opinions on, one way or the
other.