discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Using OpenNIC behind OpenDNS "family filter"

Re: [opennic-discuss] Using OpenNIC behind OpenDNS "family filter"

  • From: Niles Rogoff <nilesrogoff AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Using OpenNIC behind OpenDNS "family filter"
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 17:13:41 -0400

It is possible to do this. Most routers allow you to set their forwarding DNS server, if it only allows one server, you must make your own DNS server. Otherwise, simply make a DNS server whose primary forwarder is OpenDNS, and secondary is OpenNIC. If OpenDNS returns a NXDOMAIN, it should move to OpenNIC.

However, what Mr. Furnell said stands, and I cannot advocate this kind of setup.