discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Call For Vote - new .stl TLD

Re: [opennic-discuss] Call For Vote - new .stl TLD

  • From: "Jerry Pipes" <domains AT snewpy.com>
  • To: <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Call For Vote - new .stl TLD
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 17:51:03 -0600

Jeff,

That's a fair question.  My willingness to surrender the TLD is driven by my desire to not expose OpenNIC to any further drama/risk, based on what I have seen in past discussions related to the .ing TLD.  I aim not to repeat that.

Having said that, if we as a group move forward with creation of a foundation, and establish a process for disputing a conflict with ICANN, I am certainly willing to stand my ground and fight for what is ours.  But as a new member, I did not feel justified in committing the group to such a fight.

Jerry