discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] is there an ISP who connects people to OpenNIC ?

Re: [opennic-discuss] is there an ISP who connects people to OpenNIC ?

  • From: "Andrew T. Stager" <andrew1523 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] is there an ISP who connects people to OpenNIC ?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 14:19:05 -0400

When you mistype a domain name most ISPs direct you to a page run by them (usually happens to be a "search engine"). They sell adverts and push upgraded TV packages with this.

This is how it works in USA as our service providers are strictly profit driven. It would be nice but I don't think this will change in my country for a very long time.

Best,
Andrew T. Stager