discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .core TLD Voting Commenced (Repost due to some GPG Problem)

Re: [opennic-discuss] .core TLD Voting Commenced (Repost due to some GPG Problem)

  • From: Stephan Jauernick <info AT stephan-jauernick.de>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .core TLD Voting Commenced (Repost due to some GPG Problem)
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 00:37:34 +0100

Hi,

My vote would be a clear no.

After reading the charter my opinion matches the one of Jeff that this
should rather be done as a peering than via an opennic tld. I base this
partly upon the establishment of a seperate entity structure around the
tld. Another big part is the clear definition of who is allowed to
partake in decsions in regards of the domain. It is clearly stated that
only domain holders or the administrative entities behind the .tld may
vote. The opennic memberbase is excluded. A showstopper for me is the
part of "binding user agreements". It clashes a fair bit with openness
in my eyes.

Something which i will not hold against them is that they are not
finished with the infrastructure before calling this vote. Also the
creators of the TLD seem to be very recent members of the community.

Kind Regards,

Stephan Jauernick

Am 18.02.2017 um 23:35 schrieb Jeff Taylor:
> I vote no. From what I've had time to read this doesn't feel like it
> should be an opennic group, but
rather their own group that would peer with opennic.

> Also there doesn't seem to be any clear information in the initial
vote message to indicate how long this vote is going for or when it will
end.

https://towerce-my.sharepoint.com/personal/josephmarsden_towerdevs_xyz/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?docid=05f11401594b64852a61a0e3091ef2918&authkey=AW4f0J-G1uREgKiVblRRWxo&expiration=2017-03-04T21:12:18.000Z

>> Highlighted amendments:
>> - CoreDomain nor TOWER is ever allowed to make any money from the domain
>> services of CoreDomain (eg services will be free, forever).
>> - Removed some of the reserved domains that we were going to use and
>> integrated them into a universal "system" domain.
>> - Made usage requirements more clear (anyone who wants to host a
server or IT
>> administration related site or blog is allowed to use the .core TLD.)
>> - Increased isolation between TOWER and CoreDomain.
>>
>> Once the vote has passed, our website and T1 server(s) will be added to
>> OpenNIC.
>>
>> Please reply if you have any further questions, otherwise voting will
start
>> now.
>>
>> CitadelCore :)
>> (P.S: I'm voting "Yes" for myself.)
>>

>> --------
>> You are a member of the OpenNIC Discuss list.
>> You may unsubscribe by emailing
discuss-unsubscribe AT lists.opennicproject.org