discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .core TLD Voting Commenced

Re: [opennic-discuss] .core TLD Voting Commenced

  • From: Amunak <amunak AT amunak.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .core TLD Voting Commenced
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 16:59:01 +0100

I see it pretty much the same and vote no.

Amunak

Dne 18.02.2017 v 23:51 kevin napsal(a):
I apologize for piggy backing on this response, but I've been sitting
here since the voting opened, trying to decide how to respond.

I think there is still discussion to be having on this, although if
discussion is closed and the applicant wants this to go for a vote, then
I have to vote no.

Having said that, Jeff's response seems most appropriate to me.  For
people / providers who are looking to commercialize, the reality is they
most likely need to convince their prospects to, at the very least, use
opennic.  Otherwise, the opennic membership are being prospected, and I
don't think that's the intention of opennic.

If I am a service provider, then most likely I will simply create a
private TLD, have customers / prospects DNS routed through my bind, and
peer opennic in a one way direction.

Anyhow, just putting out my own meandering thoughts.

Kevin