discuss - [opennic-discuss] Current SSL situation

[opennic-discuss] Current SSL situation

  • From: Matthias Merkel <matthias AT boltn-hosting.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Current SSL situation
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 12:34:50 +0000

Is there currently any CA (even if not default trusted) for OpenNIC domains?

If yes I'd like to integrate installation of their root certificate into the DNS updater we will release soon.

If not I'd like to offer that we could provide such a CA service (free for DV certificates of course). We already operate an internal CA with highest security measures (if we had the money for them we could pass any CA audit including EV).
--

Matthias Merkel
CTO