discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Adblocking Tier 2 at 167.99.153.82

Re: [opennic-discuss] Adblocking Tier 2 at 167.99.153.82

  • From: <vv AT cgs.pw>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Adblocking Tier 2 at 167.99.153.82
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 09:19:13 -0700

Thanks Wil,

I think I got it. Of course I had no idea about
coinhive.com and what it did since there is an
almost negligible chance that any particular
person has gone there and found out about it.

I just went there to see, and it does look like
a reasonable idea and certainly shouldn't be
dismissed out of hand. Calling it malware without
further investigation doesn't seem right.

As to whether the site also serves malware I have
no idea, and frankly don't pay much attention to
that sort of thing. I'll not be using blacklists
any time soon. Fortunately, OpenNIC is all about
choice. In my opinion, as long as the DNS server
offering is marked, then there really isn't any
issue here.

Cheers,
Ole